Friday, October 5, 2012


Spooky Halloween
Decor

Now, I’m not saying that Amy A, Amy M, and I are the best there are when it comes to Halloween decor, but we do love to decorate for this holiday.  I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I have more decorations for Halloween than for any other holiday (sick, I know).  So, we thought it might be fun to just do a post with pics of our decorations, and if you find inspiration in what we’ve done, then be our guest to recreate it.  We also thought it might be fun if our followers would be interested in adding your own pics in the comment section of this post.  We LOVE new ideas, and would love to see yours.

 Here is my front porch.  Isn't the enormous weed growing out of the right pot in front of the stairs  amazing?  Yeah, I planned that (no, I didn't, I just really hate weeding).

 Check out the fireplace.  All Halloween decor you see was $20 or less, collected over years.  The Medusa pic was super cheap at a Halloween shop.  The large spider webs were on sale at K-Mart last season for $2.99 each.  The gargoyle was a Target purchase, as well as the owls and jug of floating eyeballs.  The spiders are my most favorite purchase.  They are big, durable and cling to the stone on the fireplace.  Unfortunately, I bought them several years ago and the store that carried them never got them back.

Smiley plush spider hanging from the light, I like him.

Amy, Amy and I made these last year.  Easy Pinterest project.  Three candle sticks, three jars, black spray paint, and super heavy duty glue.  The bats are rubber decals I stuck on for the holiday.  All of these craft supplies came from Hobby Lobby.

Anyone recognize the spell book on the table?  Don't worry, it's just the most amazing DIY project you can find on this very blog!  The spiderweb table cloth was from a party magazine, the other nick knacks are from Target.  Notice the creepy spider web on the light?  Everyone is selling what they call "spooky material".  Just go to Home Depot and buy a packet of cheese cloth for $4 and rough it up a little.  It's all the "spooky" you'll need. 

 This is a collection of some of my favorite decorations.  The coffin fogger is a Target purchase and that's my kid's favorite, but not mine.  The pic on the left of the storm trooper holding Yoda and Minnie Mouse hugging his leg is from a Halloween several years ago.  It's my family decked out for Halloween night.  I just had it made into an 8x10 and put it in a frame.  The original idea was to replace the pic each year, but I never got that far.  But it is one of my favorite things to put out.  I think my next project will be printing and framing smaller pics of different Halloweens.  So fun.  Also, the witch at on the lamp was a dollar store purchase.  Cheap touch that adds a lot.

Here's another pic of the same stuff, I just wanted to show off the glittered pumpkins from the $1 bin at target beneath the table. 

This is a fun corner.  The skull fogger is from Target, the other skulls are just cheap Styrofoam from various Halloween stores and the snake is a prop from the year my husband was Voldemort.  I am a firm believer in using old costumes to decorate with. 

I cannot remember where this chain came from, my best guess is Target, but I have two and I like to hang them above entryways like spooky garland.

 These red lanterns live in my entryway, so I just dress them up with black candles.  The snake is sitting in a plastic cauldron I bought on clearance from Michael's.

This jail front is one of my favorites.  I didn't make it for Halloween, I made it as a backdrop for taking fake mug shots in front of.  But when I was done taking the pics I thought, "hey, that's kinda spooky...." and this is where it ended up.  I have included a tutorial on how to make your own.  Just keep reading...

Now, send us your pics of your decor and we'll include them on the blog.  Can't wait to hear from you!
<3, Sharla

0 comments: