Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Super Healthy 
Cookie Dough Ball Bites



So, I have a little guy who is about as picky as they come when it comes to, well, everything, but especially food.  Needless to say I am constantly looking for food that his healthy and delicious that he will go for.  That is where these cookie dough ball bites come in.  Every one of my kids LOVE these, but most importantly, my picky eater.  They are as healthy as a snack can get and I told him that he can eat them any time he wants, breakfast, bedtime snack, whatever...and he does!  So, give it a try, I know you won’t be disappointed.

In a food processor or blender process until fine:

2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup cashews
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 tablespoon flax seed
1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
*if you have a nut allergy substitute all nuts with oats



Add to food processor and pulse 3-5 times:

3 tablespoons chocolate chips
*If you go dark chocolate you get those extra antioxidants



Add to food processor and process until well combined:

1/4 cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla



Use 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls.  



Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy your new midnight snack.

Healthy Cookie Dough Ball Bites

*This recipe was adapted from A Dash of Compassion
<3, Sharla

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Wow, these look good too! Thanks for putting in the little nugget about nut allergies. I'm going to try these with just the oats. I bet my kids would like them. Idea for substitution of Agave nectar though? That's not something I generally have on hand.

All Things Fabulous said...

You can always try honey instead of Agave, but I can't guarantee the results. Let us know if you do!